The intensity and purposefulness of the attention brought on the
role, the position, the very significance of woman in society
and her possibilities of interacting in it, along with the ideas
of equality, the right on an identity, her social and personal
identification, brings the question of the lacking counter side
in the analysis and exploration of the processes concerning man.
The processes resulting from the active changes, the respective
rights and legal defenses and the new way women stand in society.
The idea of the project is to present a platform for a
visual and theoretic interpretation of the changes in the role,
the status and the significance of men in his interactions in
the contemporary world.
- How does the part of man in society change and how does the
change reflect on the relationships man / woman, man / man, woman
- Weather or not feminism leads toward the masculinisation of
the word, borrowing from the male models of behavior, presence
- What is the position of man in contemporary society, how does
he adapt to the new male - female relationships without getting
into pre-defined territories with negative implications like "machismo",
"sexism", "sexual harassment"?
- What is happening with the personal psychological identification
of man in a time when artificial insemination is an efficient
practice and man becomes an anonymous paid donor?
- How does the modern emancipated woman conceive the part of man
in her personal life?
- What is the behavior of man after the changes in his ways of
interacting with and being in society and also is there a logical
frame that we can apply to that behavior?
- How is the image of man as an object of desire, perceived in
advertisement and show business?
- What part of the masculine homosexuals recognize in themselves
and how do they regard the heterosexual men?
- How do the lesbians consider themselves when they assume the
masculine part and how do they regard the heterosexual and the
- What happens to the "father figure" and is the part
of the man in it changed in any way?
- What does masculine identification mean, can it be legally defended
and how? Stereotypes and negative implications.
- How does contemporary art consider man outside the politically
- The Internet identifications and the virtual man.
- The unisex culture versus the religious fundamentalism. /Irina
- How far the changes occurring in the social equalization of
women affect the representation of man in social life and in intimate
- Are the stereotypes of perception of men in mass culture being
To present an open field for different points of view, different
perceptions and analyses, different interpretations of the part,
the position and significance of the construction "man".
To follow and reveal the dynamics and the transformations of
man's stand in society.
To analyze and interpret those of man's identities, action and
behavior that have negative social significance and implications.
To analyze and interpret the stereotypes through which the figure
of man is present in the visual culture.
To analyze and interpret the presence of and the changes taking
place in male sexuality and her manifestations in the visual
and public space.
To follow and interpret the cliches in the prejudices involved
in perceiving the construction "man".
To introduce in the public space the subject of "the figure
of man - presence and transformations".
To initiate a public debate on the events around understanding
man both locally and on the background of the contemporary social
processes and trends in the model of Western Civilization.
By way of introducing the problems dealing with the dynamics
of the social and psychological construction "man",
to help the safe keeping of the balance in understanding gender,
and the social, personal and psychological identification resulting
from the gender issues.
Chain of analyze and understanding.
Psychological >> Social >> Interpretations /Images and
- Public talks
- Scientific conferences
- Reconsidering and restructuring of the figure and the part
of man in society.
- Overcoming of the stereotypes in the perception of the structure
- Introducing of subjects connected to the personal, psychological,
sexual and social identification with man.
1. Processing of the project
- Issuing of a multimedia disk of the visual and theoretic
material from the events
- Guest appearance of the exposition in other cities around
the country - Plovdiv /the Bath House/, Varna / the City Gallery/
- Guest appearance of the exposition in Nish and Belgrade
and other places/in progtress/
3. Conference /in progress/
4. Designing of a project for the next issue of "Everything
On Man" - 2006
Work subject - "Presence and transformation; Mimicry